Erie County

October 30, 2010, near Newton Road and Route 48, close to Hydetown:
While turkey hunting, a man witnessed a tall figure approach him.  He described the figure standing just under 9 feet tall, covered in black long stringy hair. The creature stopped within 30 yards of the hunter, grunted at him and turned and walked away. 

July 3, 2004, Fairview:

A man riding his bike behind a housing project witnesses a white 3-foot tall creature running through the woods.

August 2004, 9:00 pm About a 1/4 mile South of I-90 on Footmill Rd:
A father and son were driving north on Footmill road when they both caught sight of something standing erect on the west side of the road. It was very large and appeared to be reaching for a branch in one of the trees. The father preceded to slow down to get a better look at it. The whole incident probably took place in a matter of 7 to 10 seconds. Once they got alongside of it, the animal ducked under the tree and ran really fast away from them. They estimated the height to be about eight feet, weight about 600 to 700 lbs. Its hair color appeared black/brownish with longer hair. The arms were very long disproportionate to the rest of the body, It was muscular like a human would be with larger biceps and they could see the forearm muscles which were very defined. They saw the animal from the side and did not get a good look at the face.  From the side view, It appeared to have a flat face like a human. They also did not notice any ears. It was standing in tall grass, so the witnesses did not see the feet or anything from the waist down. The grass was nearly four feet tall.   

November, 2003, Presque Isle
A man witnesses a large human-like form swimming in Lake Erie. 

March 2003, Edinboro
PBS/PRO Investigators travel to an area to investigate reports of unusual vocalizations and the discovery of a large bone pile. Possible footprint found.

June 28, 1998
A 7 foot tall creature crossed a wooded path in front of hikers.

1 mile south of Lake Erie at 3:30am, a camp counselor saw a 7 1/2 foot creature cross the path in front of him and another camper. The other camper caught a glimpse of the creature a second time.

August 5, 1992
This sighting occurred late evening. Three male campers heard strange, high pitched vocalizations. In the flashlight beam, one of the campers saw the legs of a hairy, bi-pedal creature. The creature had 6 to 8 inches of long glistening black hair. One of the witnesses tried to take a picture with a flash camera. The flash apparently scared the creature because it ran uphill. It sounded as if the creature stood on a plateau above them and started screaming. It appeared as if another creature was screaming back at the first creature. The vocalizations were loud, high pitched, and drawn out. They tried to take another picture. Both attempts were unsuccessful, but they could see red eyes reflected by the flash. They witnesses climbed into their truck and from the truck, they observed one bi-pedal creature cross in front of them where the campfire was.

Fall, around Dusk between Erie & Wesleyville

The witness was sitting on a porch when he heard crashing in the woods beside him. He then noticed about 40 to 50 yards away a very large object moving rapidly through the woods. The creature was taking very long strides. It had very long arms that were swinging at its side. When the creature looked at the witness, the witness saw the creatures "GLOWING RED" eyes. It stood about 8 to 9 foot tall, appeared to have no neck or a very short neck like a gorilla. The next morning the witness and his parents check out the area that the creature was standing in and found some very large footprints in the soft wet dirt. 

1980, around Midnight, Wintergreen Gorge Cemetery near I-90 and Jorden Rd:
While camping, witnesses were sitting by the fire when they heard  blood curdling screams. With the snow on the ground and full moon, they could see very well a large figure standing on top of the hill still screaming at them. Wanting the screaming to stop, they tried yelling and making noise, but that didn’t work. Then they tried shooting at the trees close to it, and that chased the creature off.  After about ten minutes. The creature was back again, screaming very loud. This lasted for around 2 hours before the creature left for good. The campers took shifts sleeping until morning, when they quickly, they packed up and left.


©2019 by The Keystone Bigfoot Project. Proudly created with

This site was designed with the
website builder. Create your website today.
Start Now